Saturday, February 16, 2008

Get thee behind me, cake, cobbler and donuts


The problem is, of course - as those of you who know me thought as you read that title - that there is too much behind me already. I am not altogether unlike the subject of one of my creative writing students' profiles of a loved one which started with "My aunt was big on donuts; consequently she was big, on donuts."

And one of my New Year's resolutions is to continue doing something about that excess in the back yard and, more particularly, around my middle.

It is a goal that I share, I suspect, with many of you.

So, how are we going to go about it? Any ideas?

And don't talk to me about the South Beach Diet, or Sugar Busters, or Weight Watchers, or hypnotism, or stomach staples, or amputation.

Because I already know the formula that will take the pounds off of yours truly.

Read More

No comments: