Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Doctor behind South Beach Diet revamps his life, series


It's a new year, and Dr. Arthur Agatston, the man behind the ubiquitous South Beach Diet books, is putting himself back on his diet.His son, Evan, 23, was home from law school for the holidays, watching football bowl games with him, and the doctor packed on a few pounds from "those dark chocolate things my wife brings home from Epicure for guests even though I ask her not to." He adds: "Then Sari (his wife) tells me that if I don't take off those pounds, I'll only be able to promote my book on the radio."
His new book, "The South Beach Heart Health Revolution" (St. Martin's Griffin, $14.95), is out. It goes well beyond his "good-carb, good-fat" diet books, promoting a four-point plan he says can create a major change in Americans' heart health.He asserts: "I believe we have reached a point where the great majority of heart attacks and strokes can be prevented.""Prevented?" Heart disease is the No.

Read More

No comments: